Thursday 19 March 2020

Best Friends...

Happy Friends!

Sue here, I hope you are all managing to stay safe in these unsettled and rather worrying times!

I'm here today with a colourful creation made with a fab image from Whimsy Stamps
This card was great fun to make because I used my favourite colouring medium - pencils!... and made an inky background!

I stamped this super image from Voo Doo Clear Stamp set
onto Bockingford Watercolour card, coloured it with Derwent Lightfast pencils and then cut it out.

Lightfast Pencils Used
Browns - Chocolate, Autumn Brown, Venetian Red, Sienna
Reds - Autumn Red, Strawberry

I then used the second largest Whimsy Stamps
to die cut a second piece of Bockingford card.

I then blended Distress Oxide Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Abandoned Coral, Tumbled Glass and Seedless preserves over the card.  I then splattered water and white paint over the inks to create some texture.

Using the largest 
Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die
I die cut a piece of Pearlized Purple card and fixed the background to it with foam tape. 


Then again using tape I fixed the image to the background as shown.

In Black Ink I stamped the Best Friends sentiment from the Voo Doo Clear Stamp set
onto the same card and cut each word out individually.

I fixed the sentiment to the card design as shown.
Be sure to have a look around our
to see the gorgeous DT creations there and then to 
to engage in some essential retail therapy!

Happy Crafting

From Sue…xxx

Voo Doo Clear Stamps  Wonky Stitched Rectangles Die Set


No comments: