Thursday 17 January 2019

Pretty in Plaid...

Hello everyone!

It's Sue here today with probably my favourite of the cards I've made recently to show off the 
Whimsy Stamps 
new release goodies!
I have used the beautiful background stamp
and

To make my card I stamped the Buffalo Plaid Background Rubber Cling Stamp with an embossing pad and heat embossed it in white (The white heat embossed ink resists the colour from the Distress Inks).

Then I blended Distress Inks on top of the embossed plaid background - I used Evergreen Bough, Worn Lipstick, Shaded Lilac and Scattered Straw which are quite delicate and look gorgeous together.

I used two square dies together to die cut a white frame and fixed the frame to the background.

Next I die cut white card with the Thanks Word with Shadows Die Set and blended Evergreen Bough Distress Ink over the word thanks.  I fixed that to the stitched edged die cut shadow and then fixed the die cuts to the bottom right hand side of the card design as shown.

Finally I added some glitter dots to the card design in similar colours to the Distress Ink.
I think this is just so pretty and delicate and is an effect I will definitely use again!

Thank you so much for popping by!


Be sure to have a look around our Dies To Die For blog to look at the gorgeous DT creations there and then to 

to engage in some essential retail therapy!

love from Sue...xxx

No comments: