Tuesday 5 August 2014

Sew Lovely Vintage Violet

Happy Tuesday crafters! DT Linda here and I'm very happy to be here today to share my inspiration post with you because I really love the way this turned out. You know how sometimes you see something on someone's blog or FB and you think, wow, I would love to be able to make something like that....well when I finished this card I felt almost like that except it was my own work!  I hope that doesn't sound too vain, I'm just sooo happy with this one, it really is one of my best ever works (in my opinion).

Soooo what did I make?  Well some time ago now Tracy sent me some lovely Carta Bella papers, Sew Lovely  and though I really liked them, I really wasn't coming up with any inspiration for using them.  Then more recently I received a die set Stitched with Love  by Taylored Expressions in my DT pack to play with, I decided they were made for each other and put them together with Vintage Violet by Saturated Canary from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.  Now I know there's nothing on this stamp to do with sewing, but she always makes me feel like she puts her outfits together from vintage buys on an old sewing machine.

Anyway, here's what I made putting them all together.


I also added a Memory Box Button Border at the top of my card. I've distressed and inked all my papers and hand stitched them with top stitch thread. Violet is coloured with distress ink, pads and markers.
Colours used can be found on my blog here.
I cut her out with a Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles nestie.


I cut all the dies cut pieces from a sheet of Bazill Basic, I'm sorry but I can't remember which colour this was, and then backed them with plain white card stock, this makes them less bendy.


Finally I decorated the inside with scraps of paper to complement the front.

I hope you like my make for today as much as I do, I only hope I can do as well on the next one!!

That's all from me for today, but I'll see you again next week, but as a heads up from next week I'll be posting on Fridays instead of Tuesdays, so until next Friday, have fun! : ) x x

2 comments: