Thursday 13 May 2021

Snail Mail - Whimsy Stamps

 Hello Everyone!

I hope this week is being kind to you.

It's Sue here today to show you one of my favourite recent new releases from Whimsy Stamps which we have in store at our lovely Dies To Die For!

I have chosen to play with a stamp set
and a super new product,
(This is currently out of stock but should be back soon)
I created two inky piece of card by blending Distress Oxides in Mowed Lawn, Dried Marigold and Tumbled Glass over  Strathmore Bristol Vellum Card.

Then I splattered the card with water. 

When everything was dry I die cut one piece of card with the 
Slimline Postage Die
and then splattered white paint over it.  (I do this after die cutting as white paint leaves a slightly raised texture which I rather like and it gets crushed if you add it before die cutting!

I cut the second piece of card slightly larger than the postage die cut piece and layered them together.

I stamped the images from the Snail Mail Clear Stamp Set in black ink, coloured them with Copics and cut them out.  (I'll pop a list of the colours I used at the end of this post for you)

I fixed the images to my card design as shown.

Finally I added a sentiment from the Snail Mail set which I die cut with a die from the 
Bookmark and Tags Die Set

I used the Slimline Envelope Builder Die to make an envelope in Kraft Card.  The envelope lining is a sneak peak of a paper being released soon!
Ingredients from Dies To Die For

Thank you for popping by today!
Happy creating 
from Sue...xxx

**NEW Snail Mail Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps **NEW Slimline Envelope Builder Die Set - Whimsy Stamps
Slimline Postage Die - Whimsy Stamps Bookmark and Tags Die Set - Whimsy Stamps
**NEW Slimline Paper Pack - Enchanted Kingdom - Whimsy Stamps

Copic Markers
Snail Shell - BG72, BG23, BG11, BG10
Snail - BV23, C5, C3, C2
Envelope - E23, E31, E31
Heart - R27, YR18, R05
Mail Box - E18, E17, YR27, YR14
Letter/Parcel - Y26, Y15, Y11

Other Ingredients
Distress Oxide Ink Pads - Tumbled Glass, Dried Marigold and Mowed Lawn
Copic Opaque White

2 comments:

R's Rue said...

Stunning.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Spyder said...

These little critters are just soooo cute!
((Lyn))