Thursday 25 March 2021

Spring Birds - Whimsy Stamps

 Hello everyone...

I hope you are all having a good day.

I have gone all experimental today with a fab and fun stamp set from Whimsy Stamps


Let me explain the experimental bit!...

I wondered what would happen if I stamped onto a Distress Oxide background and coloured over it with pencils..?

I attempted this to avoid cutting an intricate mask - (fussy cutting is not my favourite thing)!

I was fairly happy with the result.  I discovered that the ethos is similar to colouring on Kraft card as I had to amend my colour choices to take account of the background not being white.

so - in all a worthwhile experiment and I have more to show you in the coming weeks with the same technique!
I cut a piece of white card with the 
and blended Distress Oxides in Tattered Rose, Dried Marigold and Scattered Straw in opposing corners was shown.

I stamped the sweet 
in black ink and coloured them with Derwent Pro Colour Pencils.  (I'll add the colours I used at the end of this post for you)

I die cut a piece of gorgeous 
with the 
and fixed that to the centre of the card as shown.

Then I stamped the Birthday sentiment from the
onto a 
and fixed that below the Happy die cut.

Finally I added some sequins.
Ingredients from Dies To Die For

Thank you for popping by today!
Take care of yourselves and happy creating 
love from Sue...xxx


**NEW Spring Birds Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps  Slimline Card Builder Die - Whimsy Stamps  6x6 Paper Pack - Calico - Whimsy Stamps
Happy Large Word Die - Whimsy Stamps You're My Favorite Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps Quick Strips Die Set - Whimsy Stamps
  



Other Ingredients
Distress Oxides in Tattered Rose, Dried Marigold and Scattered Straw

Birds - Delft Blue, Sky Blue, Light Blue, Kingfisher Blue, Turquoise Green, Spectrum Orange, Middle Orange
Tree/Foliage, Bird House - Chocolate, Venetian Red, Copper Beech, Sunset Gold, Foliage, Grass Green 

No comments: