Friday 15 August 2014

Twinkle Toes for a Special Someone

Happy Friday! DT Linda here. This is my first post for Dies to Die for in my new Friday spot, I've moved from Tuesday since Friday became vacant as it works out a little easier for me with other postings and my family and social stuff.  Talking of family, the card I'm sharing today was made for my beautiful daughter's birthday which was on Monday.  She's 25, blimey that really makes you feel old when your 'baby' turns a quarter of a century lol.

Anyway, this is what I made for her, I thought Twinkle Toes form Whimy's Time for Tea collection, was quite appropriate as she did loads of dancing and dance competitions when she was younger, so she really was a Twinkle Toes hehe.


I used the My Precious Daughter collection from Pion Design (love this collection and also the new Pion Christmas collection, Days of Winter,  which Tracy now has in stock in the store here. Expect a make from me with these new papers soon, they're lush!), I thought these papers were very fitting for a card for my daughter as well as being downright gorgeous. I mostly used the 12 x 12 versions. The beautiful border at the top is cut with the MFT Crown Border

I coloured her with distress inks, full colours used plus more photos and details can be found on my blog.

She's mounted on some pierced ovals cut with the Pierced Ovals Stax from MFT. I dotted her around with some Liquid Pearls.


I inked all the edges of my papers with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, before distressing them and hand stitching them with top stitch thread. The little banners on the top left were cut with the Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax from MFT. Flowers are a mix of Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts.
I cut a little butterfly and a pair of tickets from the element sheet and added them to my card. 


Finally I decorated the inside with a piece from one of the 6 x 6 sheets to match the front and stamped a Happy Birthday to You sentiment from the Impression Obsession  Life Stuff Sentiments set.

Well that's all from me today but I'll be back next Friday with something new for you.
Have fun! : )  x x

No comments: