Tuesday 8 July 2014

Nurse Nightingale

Good morning!  It's Linda here again Tuesday has rolled around and I'm here with my regular weekly post and my 4th card of the week *phew!*

I needed to make a card for a friend at work who was leaving clinical teaching to go back into nursing.  I thought that Nurse Nightingale was perfect for this.  Sadly she's now out of stock, but the good news if you're a Kraftin' Kimmie fan, is that all Kraftin' Kimmie stamps in the store are all on sale and most are around half price!  Grab a bargain while they're still in stock!


I coloured her in Copics and paired her with the gorgeous Shoreline Treasures collection by Pion Design. These papers are so lovely and you can use many of them for more than just seaside or summer themes. I paired the Pion paper with some Kraft.

I've distressed all the edges of my paper and inked with DI in Walnut Stain and hand stitched as always with top stitch thread.


I fussy cut her out and popped her up on foam tape on a couple of sheets cut with a Die-namics Notebook Paper die. On top of that I've cut a couple of little banners with the smallest sizes of the Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax. The sentiment is from the Everyday Mini Postage Stamps sentiments by Whimsy and cut with the matching die.


The inside is decorated with the same paper range to complement the front...as you can see I wrote my message before remembering to take pics oops.
The wings at the top of the card are cut with the La-La Land Craft's Wings Set

A reminder of what I used from the store:

Distress Ink: Walnut Stain

Well that's it from me today, I'll see you again next week for some more crafty fun!  Take care :) xx

2 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Another stunner of a card, I'm sure your friend loved it.
Lorraine

Dortesjs said...

this is awsome card waue love it