Tuesday 17 June 2014

Glass Slipper

Morning!! Linda here with my regular inspiration post.  It's shaping up to be a long, busy and stressful week, but there was nothing stressful about making this card with the beautiful new Pion collection 'My Precious Daughter'.....or at least there wasn't until I'd finished colouring my image, added some liquid pearls to her necklace, and then promptly smudged it across he face, and hair..and then made matters worse trying to fix it.
In the end I really couldn't face colouring her all in again, so I re-stamped and coloured the damaged parts, and paper pieced them on to the original, if you look closely you can see where, but it doesn't look too bad.


I have to say I'm totally in love with these papers, gorgeous colours and fabulous designs, I really enjoyed using them. I distressed and inked the edges with DI in Walnut Stain and sewed all the layers with pink top stitch thread.

The image is called Glass Slipper and she's coloured in Copics, you can find the colours along with some more photos an my blog.


I used a lovely Crown border die from MFT as I thought it went well with the theme and the motifs on the paper.  The sparkly dots and by Prima and are called 'Princess'.


The inside is decorated with some more paper from the collection. The sentiment and matching die are from Whimsy.

Items Used



1 comment:

Dortesjs said...

aww this is so adorable love this stamp and all your sentiments are faboules. love love love