Tuesday 22 April 2014

Butterfly Baby

Happy Tuesday everyone, DT Linda here.  I hope you all enjoyed your Easter holiday, I certainly did!  I've made rather a lot of Easter/Spring cards recently with spring colours, so I thought I'd do something completely different, although still kind of spring related.

Spring is a time of new growth and that includes new babies, so I thought I'd make a lovely baby card using the wonderful Sweet Baby collection from Pion Design. Links to products used are at the end of my post.


I used the Butterfly Baby stamp by Saturated Canary for Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.  Isn't it just the sweetest? and of course suitable for a boy or girl.

The Copic colours I used can be found on my blog here along with a close up.


I used a sweet little Memory Box die in the corner isn't it cute? and shaped the corners with the Cheery Lyn Fancy Corners die. The little Welcome Baby sentiment is made with stickers from the Authentique -Smitten pad, just showing how versatile they are.


The card shape is made with a Martha Stewart, PATP punch set. I added a little MME Pearl brad and a Stork and Baby charm to finish off.  For the inside I simply used a square of the 6 x 6 sheet with an image in the corner and plenty of blank space for writing a message.  As I don't currently have a person in mind for this card, I didn't personalise it, but it would be pretty easy to do so.

Well that's all from me today, I'm off work till tomorrow, but I have the glorious job of cleaning house ready for my daughter's arrival this evening, so no crafting for me today. It does mean that I get to spend a few days with my baby though, so I'm not complaining! :) 




No comments: