Friday 9 January 2015

I dream of Genie with the Lime Green Hair

Happy Friday everyone! Linda here.  It was my first week back at work today after my holidays (well I say week I was only in for 2 days lol) and I'm already missing my craft corner, it was really nice to have the time to really go all out and get creative.

I'd been itching to ink up this stamp for quite a while now and yeah I know that maybe genies are supposed to be all floaty and ethereal BUT, look at that funky hair? To me she was crying out to be totally edgy and cool.

I was originally going to colour her with my Copics, or Inktense pencils, but I got all these new colours for Christmas that I wanted to play with and it seems you can go bold and bright with Distress Ink and still keep that translucent delicate look, it shouldn't work, but it does.  I hope you like her.

I've added links to products used at the end of my post. 


If you want to know the colours used, please head over to my blog

Then I covered her trousers and top with Glamour Dust, which looks really lovely and sparkly, but I could not get the camera to pick it up hardly at all.


I edged my papers (these are old Glitz ones called Hoopla but you can get them in a sale bundle which is a really super deal) with Old Paper Distress Ink and hand stitched them all with Top Stitch thread and edged all the dies with the same ink and some splodges of Gesso.  The dies here are from Cheery Lynn and Little Darlings.



Finally I decorated the inside to complement the front and spritzed the whole up with some flowers, lace and ribbon and some little sparklies from my stash.



Well that's it from me, I do hope you liked my take on Genie and I'll see you again next week! :) xx

2 comments:

Dortesjs said...

this is gorgeous

yvon said...

Just..... WOW.