Tuesday 18 February 2014

Little Winged Friends - Wash

Happy Tuesday all, Linda here, I'm back to work this week so not quite so happy lol, but I did manage to get a lot of crafting done in my week off work, so today I'm bringing  you a card I made for my second tutorial, it's a step by step tutorial with photos (I'm not quite brave enough for video yet lol), you can find it under the new 'Tutorials' tab at the top of my blog or follow this link

I made another 'Magic' card, this is my second one ever and I do really enjoy making these.
I am very fed up with all the rain and wind and bad weather atm, so I thought I'd go for something spring like, inspired by this lovely Bildmalarna stamp that Tracy sent for me to have a play with. Isn't she the sweetest, washing all her wings? I coloured her with Distress Inks, which I thought really suited her.  I'm still learning to play with these and I'm still not completely satisfied with the results I get, but I'm enjoying working at it .


 I used some older Maja Design papers, these are from the Spring Basics collection. Links to products used can be found at the end of my post as usual.
As the card has multiple folds and every surface is covered with pretty DP, it doesn't need a lot in the way of embellishments.


A view of the inside..I used a Martha Stewart punch to make these pretty edges. The sentiment is from a Whimsy Set.


...and one of the back.

I used 2 12 x 12 double sided sheets to make this card, and there was plenty left over for another card, even with decorating every surface!

I hope you enjoyed my share today and that it inspired you to have a go at making one of these cards.  For those of you who enjoyed my book card a few weeks back, check out my blog on Thursday when I'll be sharing a Tutorial for that!

Have fun folks! :) xx




1 comment:

Aunty Sue said...

So Beautiful Fab Detail And I Will Be Back For The Tutorial