Monday 14 January 2013

Words mean things....

Twine
Morning Peeps!!
I hope you are having a wonderful monday, its Lou in with a post for you this morning.

So this morning make is a bit of a memory one for me. One of my crafty goals this year is to make a card/ scrap page inspired by a memory or moment that means a lot to me. When I was at school I had the most awesome teacher, Mrs. Hutchison and she had a beautiful way with words and the way she read stories and sang used to be so magical to me so this card is made with her fully in mind.

I used the carta bella alphabet junction papers because it is a childhood memory, trimmed down my base papers and ripped a little tear into at the top, curling the edges around my paper piecing tool!! I cut a Die- Namics notched border and fishtail flag and then wrapped some twine around it.All the stamps are from the Die-Namics bookmark die and stamp set. I distressed all the edges of my papers too for a bit of umpf!!!

The sentiment is popped up on some foam and I made the little book charm by stamping 4 of the book stamp and adding a little bookmark of twine before attaching it through the torn part.

Here's a side view so you can see a bit of dimension....

On the inside of the card I stamped the long 'Read This' stamp. I love it because its just perfect for writing your message above it.

That's all from me today!
hugs Lou xxx

1 comment:

lainey said...

I lurrrve this card! love distressing!! lainey x