Tuesday 20 November 2012

Christmas Kids


Well Howdy to Y'All

How are you?  I hope you had a good weekend.


Today I would like to share with you a card I have made using one of the stamps from Moreheads Christmas Kids - Surprise Collection and what a little cutie he is too. There are absolutely stacks of stamps in this collection so make sure you check it out.

Here is the full card:


I've tried to keep the card along the 'vintagey' theme with traditional Christmas colours which I just love.  All the items I have used can be found at Dies to Die For and the recipe for the card is as follows:

Stamp:  Moreheads - Christmas Kids - Surprise
Paper:  Echo Park - This & That Christmas (its not showing in the store at the moment but contact Tracy and I'm sure she will get it for you)
Kraft Card:  Bazzill Kraft
Holly Die:  Cheery Lynn - Holly Corner
Banner:  Die-Namics - Fishtail Banner

The image has been coloured with Copics:

Skin:  E21 E00 E000 E0000 / R20 R30 (cheeks)
Hat:  R39 R29 R27 R24 R22 / G29 G46 G24 (holly) / YR24 YR23 YR21 YR20 (bell)
Top:  E43 E42 E41 E40
Sock:  R39 R29 R27 R24 R22 / E43 E42 E41 E40
Shading:  W5 W3 W1 W0

To outline the image and edge the papers I have used Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink

To add some dimension to the card I made a frame out of Kraft card and stitched around it with my sewing machine before adding some foam pads to the back to adhere it to the main card.  Here is a picture so you can see the depth that this adds to the card:


And there you have it.  I hope you like it.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and have a look.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Take care.

Toodles

2 comments:

Dawn Louise said...

Fabulous card, love it all, and makin the frame really does make a difference even more gorgeous x

Sylvie Mathieu said...

I love this card !! Congratz !
Hugs,
Spoot'